What a Negativity Fast is NOT:
- It is not denying that problems exist.
- It is not stuffing things that are wrong.
- It is not critical of others who may be struggling.
- It is not irresponsible concerning things that need to be done.
What a Negativity Fast IS:
- It is determining to focus more on God's promises than on problems.
- It is learning to speak with hope about even the toughest of issues.
- It is becoming solution focused rather than problem focused.
- It is refraining from reacting and given voice to pessimism, criticism of others, self -criticism and other forms of unbelief.
- It is speaking about problems to the right people in the right way.
- It is replacing negative words and thoughts with positive words and thoughts based on the promises of God.
(excerpt from Igniting Faith in 40 Days)